Sunday, August 12, 2007

new things

new haircut




new girlfriend



new clone




obviously, there's a lot going on.

school has been in session for two weeks. the first two weeks have been good. I'm teaching 3 classes now, which is 1 more than I ever taught last year. This is full time teaching, but I'm only being paid 3/4 time. it's ok because the money is still more than twice what I made last year.

classes:
1. Artist Within--a foundational art class focusing on "seeing design" and "thinking like an artist." this class is fun for me because it's really general but I have some fun ideas for what I'd like to do with the kids. it's a good group too.

2. Printmaking--why am I teaching printmaking? I don't know. but it's working out just fine. small class (8) and very nice, smart students. we're learning together and they seem pretty interested. there's a lot of cool things in printmaking and I'm excited to learn them.

3. ceramics 1, 2, and 3--that's right, 3 classes during 1 period. it was originally ceramics 2 and 3 (one student is quite advanced so we were going to taylor a different course for her), but the admins botched the registration and I got 3 kids that didn't have ceramics 1. so we're doing 3 classes for 8 kids and I think it's going well so far.

there's a lot of organizational things still to take care of but I haven't got the motivation to go into school on the weekend yet. so during the week it's pretty much all I can do to plan for next day's classes before they start. it would be nice to plan say... a week out but I haven't developed that foresight yet.

last night we went camping with joe and lindsey up to the organs (aguirre springs). the campground was packed with crying babies and, I shit ye not, one sight had a TV plugged into their truck. so we talked to the ranger and got permission to camp in the un-reserved, very vacant and huge group sight. there was also a meteor shower last night and we saw quite a few falling stars. some of them had really wild screaming flame tails that stuck around for a second or two after the meteor. we had a nice fire and some beers and all slept out of tent on the ground. woke up at dawn crack to see the entire eastern horizon, the massive tularosa basin, was lit up lava red with the approaching sun. that's when I woke up.

golf on now, tiger winning good. going to amy's mom's later tonite for to eat and swim with new americorps.

1 Comments:

Blogger molly said...

wow, thank you for stealing my blog photos and posting them on yr site, pirate!

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker