Wednesday, November 15, 2006

election results

I suppose a blog on the elections is a little late in the coming as far as the blogosphere is concerned... but I did have a brief collection of thoughts. The dems won. I didn't vote. I suppose I could've voted absentee in Minnesota. If I wanted to vote in New Mexico, we would've had to have registered more than a month early. There is no same-day registration in this state. Not that registering is that hard, but when you're not on a campus you don't really think about it in september.

So yeay! We have the first female speaker of the house, which is a kick for gender equality. That racist weirdo with the noose and the 'macaca' was ousted in virginia--most likely quashing his bid for the presidency as well. In minnesota the first muslim representative was elected to the house--Keith Ellison. My friend from MLAC--Alex--worked on his campaign. So there are some things that I am excited about.

However, I really don't feel like the 'tide has turned.' I really did get freaked for a while with the way civil rights were being threatened in the last couple years. I also worry about our image and reception abroad--as a person who wants to travel the world and not be persecuted. So it seems good that those things have perhaps been corked or have a better chance of not increasing if the dems control at least some aspect of governance. But at the same time, the dems are not my saviors. They seem as a group too irresolute or just too resolute on hating republicans. Still there is no political party that is seriously talking about or funding or solving the problem of foreign oil. Still we have no unified vision for the need of environmental protection. And don't even get me started on foreign policy. For all the rhetoric about protecting poor people at home, it seems the democrats are no better than anyone when it comes to ending poverty on a global scale. (Considering the inter-global workings of our country this century, this is not an unthinkable goal.) When it comes to actually doing something about poverty, the US christians, in various groupings, take the cake. Don't get me started about Darfur and the dems.

So it seems that our country took a small step in the right direction for people that "love freedom." But really the victories were by and large not landslides (they haven't been for the last 10 years), and corporate control is still the rule of the land.

I will have true hope and optimism when someone in power starts saying something like this:

1. Free energy research rooted in healthy environmental policy.
2. Education in America (pre-university) sucks and we need to make it not sucky.
3. (fantasy) AmeriCorps should lead to greater, more hassle-free college debt relief.

2 Comments:

Blogger Seven Star Hand said...

Hey Joebot,

Eleven Roars Loudly

Here's some eye opening background information behind many recent watershed events (Macaca, Foley, Ted Haggart, David Kuo, the US election, Hurricane Katrina, etc., etc.) that will prove very enlightening on many levels. Many of the events and situations of recent years were not mere coincidences and I have meticulously produced stunning and comprehensive proof of this, and much else. Resist the urge to dismiss the things I discuss before you review the evidence; be patient and strive to understand what I am presenting. Remember, "scoffing in the face of profundity causes blindness..."

I want you all to pay very close attention to the fact that my birthday was August 11th, the day of Mr. Allen's "Macaca" gaffe. His defeat during month 11, along with many of his ilk, was an apt belated birthday present for me. Also notice that my last name is Page, matching the so-called "page" scandal associated with Mr. Foley. Furthermore, I have been writing and exposing religious deception and hypocrisy and Ted. Haggart's downfall and David Kuo's book, along with a string of other events, served to prove my earlier assertions in stunning fashion. Inspect my photo in my Free Ebook... to see the hat I'm wearing and you'll better appreciate the full scope and import of these recent events. It is from the Troopers (11) Drum and Bugle Corp. of Casper Wyoming, who marched during the Bush-Cheney 2001 inauguration parade. Pay special attention to how the number 11 marks key events during the Bush-Cheney administration. For example, notice that Dick Cheney's hunting accident occurred on February 11th, which was the 6-month mark between August 11, 2005 and 2006 and he is from Casper, Wyoming. This is merely the tip of the iceberg, so be prepared to be shocked and amazed.

Read More...
Here is Wisdom !!

Peace...

7:12 PM  
Blogger molly said...

what the f is that other comment ?!? jeez laweez

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog tracker